Estate Planning New Years Resolution #2: Financial Power of Attorney
Is your Financial Power of Attorney the one you want to handle your financial affairs if you are not able? It is very important to make sure that the person you choose to be your Financial Power of Attorney…
- Has competent money skills
- Will follow your wishes
- Will act in your best interest
- Has a current Power of Attorney–Many financial institutions will reject documents that are not current
- Has the power to protect your assets from a healthcare crisis or shift assets to minimize taxes
- Understands that the Financial Power of Attorney is not effective after death
Resolve to make sure your Power of Attorney document is up to date and you have chosen the best person for the job.
Find out more about pre-planning by attending an educational seminar or webinar. See the schedule here or call 1-800-798-5297 to set up a complementary consultation.